DUCK HUNTING CME CONFERENCE
PICS FROM CYPRESS POINT DEC. 2014 & JAN. 2016 & JAN. 2017
CLASS IS FULL FOR JAN. 2018
January 7 - 12th, 2018
- Join our 5 night Hunting CME course in Jan. 2018 at Cypress Point Lodge near Stuttgart, Arkansas.
This course is ideal for those interested in providing medical care / prevention to hunters or those looking to learn more about possible injuries and accidents encountered while hunting. Our courses are also great for those travel enthusiasts, group leaders, climbers, walkers, EMT’s, nurses or doctors with a desire to learn medical treatment in austere environments. We will complete the core curriculum of this CME certification course while hunting in Arkansas and exploring the many waterways and flooded rice fields that provide an excellent hunting experience. Enjoy 3 days of hunting, a skeet shooting day, 11.5 hours CME lectures / work-shops, excellent food and drinks including alcohol while making new friends. In addition, earn credits towards your FAWM via the WMS society. See details below.
REVIEWS FROM COURSE JAN. 2016
"Good balance of information and practical skills. Great exposure to Wilderness Medicine and it's application to hunting" ***** "Loved it!" *** "Well planned - went even better than expected. Recommend without reservation!" ***** "Great place - Great Course - A real Value" ***** "Well Done! Lot's of work went into it and it shows. Well worth the time & money. Super enjoyable & equally educational" ***** "Can't wait to do it again" ***** "Excellent, up to date, enthusiastic, comprehensive and hands-on" ***** "A+, personable, knowledgable, and experienced (instructors)"
FACULTY DISCLOSURE / CME
- It is the policy of the Wild Med Adventures, LLC to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor. All faculty members are required to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of their presentations.
- Accordingly, the Wilderness Medical Society has determined there are no conflicts to report associated with this conference.
- ACCME Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Wilderness Medical Society and Wild Med Adventures, LLC. The Wilderness Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The Wilderness Medical Society designates this educational activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ATTENDING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn the latest practical hands-on wilderness medical skills for patient assessment, stabilization and evacuation.
- Practice your skills while enjoying the lodge at Cypress Point and hunting
- Work with our expert faculty and local Duck Hunting guides to develop your knowledge and awareness regarding hunting injuries
- Obtain up to 11.5 hours of CME and Fellowship credits from the Wilderness Medicine Society towards your FAWM
- Our program focuses on treatment of the most common injuries and illnesses encountered while hunting and practical skills for assessment, splinting, wraps, carries and more
11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CMECredits and WMS FAWM Credits; TBD
- An opportunity to hunt ducks in Arkansas while gaining valuable medical knowledge
- Experience wilderness medicine in context doing what you love to do
- Enjoy a full service lodge with excellent food, drinks and hospitality with a rustic atmosphere
- Build friendships to last a lifetime
ITINERARY: (Speakers and times may change slightly based on availability and weather)
Day 1 – Arrive at Lodge in time for Dinner and Introduction to Course
Day 2 – Duck Hunting early in am. Afternoon Lectures
Day 3 – Duck Hunting early in am. Afternoon Lectures
Day 4 – Lectures, Skills Workshop, and Skeet Shoot or Goose Hunt
Day 5 – Duck Hunting early in am. Afternoon Lectures
Day 6 – Course Complete: Drive home or arrange for Airport Transfer
MAIN EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- The goal of the Wilderness Medical Society Hunting CME Conference is to provide participants with a unique environment to experience essential medically-related hunting topics and learn skills while collaborating with Cypress Point through educational activities including lectures, hands on work-shops, training modules and Hunting Excursions.
- Development of this CME curriculum is formed by the following key objectives:
- Provide educational opportunities based on core curriculum of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine.
- Provide education of value to providers who care for the medical needs and also those involved with coordination of hunting-related educational activities, including medical providers who must educate and instruct hunter safety with their patients.
- Provide education of interest to wilderness and austere-activity enthusiasts.
- After attending this conference, the participants will be able to:
- Establish a set of treatment priorities for care of the sick or injured in remote settings.
- Prevent, diagnose, and manage illnesses and injuries in austere environments.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge and skill in recognizing and treating the most common illnesses and injuries encountered in remote hunting environments, including hyperthermia, hypothermia, cold injuries, and wound management.
- Understand objective risk-assessment in wilderness environments from the perspective of the medical professional acting as a trip leader.
- Understand the pathophysiology and management of acute emergencies related to remote environments and potential high velocity ballistic injuries.
- Perform a pre-departure assessment of the participant’s pre-existing medical conditions and plan an appropriate medical kit & care.
THE TEAM / FACULTY:
- The hunting logistics and leadership will be provided by extremely experienced guides from Cypress Point Duck Club, whose team members have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- The Wild Med Adventures Team are all well traveled and experienced and promise to make your CME experience both educational and informative, but please note that we are only responsible for the educational aspect of this trip. For more information regarding our instructor's background - please see BIO's for instructor information.
- EMT, Paramedic, Nurse, PA, NP, RRT, PhD or Physician for the CME portion.
- If no CME needed, please feel free to attend and enjoy the lectures
- A keen interest in wilderness first aid
- A good level of physical fitness
- Previous hunting and hiking experience with adequate preparation for various climate changes and temps
WILDERNESS MEDICAL SOCIETY AND FELLOW OF THE ACADEMY OF WILDERNESS MEDICINE (FAWM)
- Get involved with the Wilderness Medicine Society and earn your fellowship (FAWM). Learn more by clicking below links.
- Delegates should have personal insurance to cover any in-country medical examinations, treatment or rescue/evacuation as well as some form of trip insurance to cover missed flights, weather delays and other potential trip delays.
- Intended as continuing education for physicians, PA's, NP's, nurses, and medics who aspire to work or teach as a field instructor/provider in recreational hunting environments or who may work in remote clinics and deal with the injuries sustained by hunters.
- Graduates from other wilderness medicine programs (e.g. FAWM, MFAWM) who want to gain experience and skills in Hunting / Remote Medicine
- Individuals pursuing a Fellow of Wilderness Medicine degree (FAWM™)
Course + CME: $2,750
*If you pay online: 3% online payment fee will be added
****EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: Sign-up before September 1st and save $150 off CME fee****
Use Code: "EARLYBIRD1" FOR DISCOUNT
Included: 5 Nights lodging (shared accommodations), 3 Days Duck Hunting, Sporting Clays (100 shots) or Goose Hunt included, all meals and beverages, up to 10-12 hours credit towards your FAWM and 11.5 CME credits, Wild Med Shirt or Hat. (We may have 1 or 2 shotguns available for rent at $150 each - please inquire)
Excluded: Transportation to and from Cypress Point Duck Club. Guns, ammo and hunting gear. Arkansas hunting licenses and all necessary Duck Stamps. Tips for guides / cook & house staff: Generally between $20-$30/day of hunting and $20-40 for house staff (Total:$100-$150 each) Any additional costs for delays, injuries, trip insurance, or shipping duck meat back to home state. *Please note: all duck meat will be eaten. If you elect not to take your meat home, it will be donated to the lodge. Extra Goose hunting if desired.
or Save 3% and send Check or Money order to:
Wild Med Adventures, LLC
138 Kennedy Road
Belchertown, MA 01007
***Please note: Full payment due within 60 days of start of course or a $250 fee will be added to your final cost OR we have the right to cancel your trip without refund**
- Cancellation Policy: Your deposit for the travel portion of the course is nonrefundable. The entire balance of your trip fee and CME fee will be due 60 days prior to departure. No deposits will be returned after payment unless for some reason course is cancelled. If you have not paid in full prior to 60 days before the start of the course a late fee of $250 will be applied to the final cost or you will lose your spot on our trip. There will be a full refund minus deposit up to 60 days prior to course. No refunds if within 60 days of start of course.
- We have a maximum number of 15 and minimum of 8. (please contact us before purchasing airfare)
PLEASE iNQUIRE WITH ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
We hope to meet you in Jan. and share the ultimate hunting experience !