Red stag New zealand hunting cme adventure
pics from high peak
**If interested in this trip please contact us: if you have 4 people total that want to come we can be flexible with dates**
June 1st - 8th, 2015
(REGISTRATION CLOSED - CHECK BACK FOR NEXT YEARS TRIP SOON)
"The trip of a lifetime"
- Join our 7 night / 8 day Hunting CME course June 1st - 8th at High Peak in New Zealand: "A Hunting Destination for the Discerning Few"
This course is ideal for those interested in providing medical care / prevention to hunters or those looking to learn more about possible injuries and accidents encountered while hunting. Our courses are also great for those travel enthusiasts, group leaders, climbers, walkers, EMT’s, nurses or doctors with a desire to learn medical treatment in austere environments. We will complete the core curriculum of this CME certification course while hunting in New Zealand and exploring the beautiful landscape and enjoying the friendliness of the Kiwi's. Enjoy 7 days of hunting, 12 hours of CME lectures & hands on work-shops, excellent food and drinks while making new friends. In addition, earn credits towards your FAWM via the WMS society. FAWM CREDITS OFFERED. See details below.
FACULTY DISCLOSURE / CME
- It is the policy of Wild Med Adventures, LLC to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor. All faculty members are required to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of their presentations.
- ACCME Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Wilderness Medical Society and Wild Med Adventures, LLC. The Wilderness Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Wilderness Medical Society designates this educational activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABOUT HIGH PEAK:
- Hunting New Zealand at High Peak is a sportsman’s dream in every sense of the word. The landscape is spectacular, the hunting terrain challenging yet enjoyable, the people friendly, the rivers full of fish, the game abundant and the trophy species world-class. If you have been here, you’ll know what we mean; If not, it’s time you came. Hunting New Zealand at High Peak is about giving you, the hunter, the basis for a great New Zealand hunting story. After all, being able to relay the experience via a good story is what it’s all about. We think every great hunting story needs three core ingredients:
- The anticipation of a real adventure in an exotic location
- The physical and mental challenge of undertaking the hunt
- The sense of personal achievement in the after-glow of a successful hunt
- At High Peak we strive to deliver these through a combination of a superior hunting environment, great trophy choice and top quality guiding and hosting. You will earn your trophy, and you’ll be proud to tell others of what you have achieved… and they’ll want to listen.
- Having thousands of acres of beautiful fair-chase hunting land abundant with game virtually to yourself may sound too good to be true. But at High Peak, that’s exactly what you get. It’s all about you pitting your skills against the trophies you seek – with nothing else standing in your way.
ATTENDING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn the latest practical hands-on wilderness medical skills for patient assessment, stabilization and evacuation.
- Practice your skills while enjoying a once in a lifetime hunting trip
- Work with our expert faculty and local New Zealand Hunting guides to develop your knowledge and awareness regarding hunting injuries
- Obtain up to 12 hours of CME and Fellowship credits from the Wilderness Medicine Society towards your FAWM
- Our program focuses on treatment of the most common injuries and illnesses encountered while hunting and practical skills for assessment, splinting, wraps, carries and more.
Approved for up to 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits and WMS FAWM Credits
13.5 FAWM Credits towards your Fellowship (Click Here For Detailed Credits)
- An opportunity to hunt Red Stag in New Zealand while gaining valuable medical knowledge
- Experience wilderness medicine in context doing what you love to do
- Hunter specific NZ modules including Firearm Safety, River Crossings, & Emergency Shelters
- Enjoy a full service lodge with excellent food, drinks and hospitality with an amazing NZ atmosphere
- Build friendships to last a lifetime
ITINERARY: (Times may change slightly based on availability and weather)
- Day 1: Arrive approx. 10:30am Christchurch, NZ
- Travel to lodge, orientation/ intro to course
- Day 2: Hunting / Lectures
- Day 3: Hunting / Lectures
- Day 4: Hunting / Lectures
- Day 5: Lectures / Hands-on work shops / Free time - Night Shooting
- Day 6: Hunting in am / Additional Hands-on Modules Firearm Safety, River-crossing, Emergency Shelters/ Lectures
- Day 7: Full Day Hunt (**Optional Bull Tahr Hunt with Helicopter Safety Module - Additional Cost) / Course Feedback & Wrap-up
- Day 8: Departure back to Christchurch
- * Add-ons: Additional Animals, Upgrades and extra days can be added with prior arrangements through High Peak
- ** BULL TAHR HUNT OPTIONAL: $6000 per hunter based on 4 or more hunters
- 4 hunters minimum
- Trophy Bull Tahr (best available)
- Up to 3hrs combined helicopter time
- Contact Simon at High Peak if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAIN EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- The goal of the Wilderness Medical Society Hunting CME Conference is to provide participants with a unique environment to experience essential Medically-related hunting topics and learn skills while collaborating with High Peak NZ through educational activities including lectures, hands on work-shops, training modules and Hunting Excursions.
- Development of this CME curriculum is formed by the following key objectives:
- Provide educational opportunities based on core curriculum of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine.
- Provide education of value to providers who care for the medical needs and also those involved with coordination of hunting-related educational activities, including medical providers who must educate and instruct hunter safety with their patients.
- Provide education of interest to wilderness and austere-activity enthusiasts.
- After attending this conference, the participants will be able to:
- Establish a set of treatment priorities for care of the sick or injured in remote settings.
- Prevent, diagnose, and manage illnesses and injuries in austere environments.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge and skill in recognizing and treating the most common illnesses and injuries encountered in remote hunting environments, including hyperthermia, hypothermia, cold injuries, and wound management.
- Understand objective risk-assessment in wilderness environments from the perspective of the medical professional acting as a trip leader.
- Understand the pathophysiology and management of acute emergencies related to remote environments and potential high velocity ballistic injuries.
- Perform a pre-departure assessment of the participant’s pre-existing medical conditions and plan an appropriate medical kit & care.
THE TEAM / FACULTY:
- The hunting logistics and leadership will be provided by extremely experienced New Zealand guides from ‘High Peak’, whose team members have a wealth of knowledge and experience. They promise their clients the most rewarding hunting experience of their lives - or it's on them!
- The Wild Med Adventures Team are all well traveled and experienced and promise to make your CME experience both educational and informative, but please note that we are only responsible for the educational aspect of this trip. For more information regarding our instructor's background - please see BIO's for instructor information.
- EMT, Paramedic, Nurse, PA, NP, RRT, PhD or Physician for the CME portion.
- If no CME needed, please feel free to attend and enjoy the lectures at no additional cost
- A keen interest in wilderness first aid
- A good level of physical fitness
- Previous hunting and hiking experience with adequate preparation for various climate changes and temps
HEALTH / VACCINATIONS:
- Delegates should be vaccinated appropriately - Please see CDC recommendations for visiting New Zealand.
- Delegates should be aware this is intended to be a wilderness course in every sense of the word. The team in some parts of New Zealand will be have limited access to medical care. Please be aware that neither Wild Med Adventures nor High Peak NZ can control mother nature and you must come prepared with adequate clothing and gear. Should our plans be affected by floods, landslides, snow storms, earthquakes and the like, we will continue with alternate plans in true expedition spirit, affecting self rescues and problem solving along the way.
WILDERNESS MEDICAL SOCIETY AND FELLOW OF THE ACADEMY OF WILDERNESS MEDICINE (FAWM)
- Get involved with the Wilderness Medicine Society and earn your fellowship (FAWM). Learn more by clicking below links.
MEDICAL EVACUATION INSURANCE:
- Delegates should have personal insurance to cover any in-country medical examinations, treatment or rescue/evacuation from a remote area. We recommend Global Rescue, who can be contacted via their website and offer trip specific and year long coverage.
- Intended as continuing education for physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, and medics who aspire to work or teach as a field instructor/provider in recreational hunting environments or who may work in remote clinics and deal with the injuries sustained by hunters.
- Graduates from other wilderness medicine programs (e.g. FAWM, MFAWM) who want to gain experience and skills in Hunting / Remote Medicine
- Individuals pursuing a Fellow of Wilderness Medicine degree (FAWM™)
- Trip Cost Only: $9500
- Additional CME cost: $500
- Deposit: $2500
- Contact High Peak Regarding Optional Bull Tahr Hunt add-on, upgrades, additional days, other animals and other inquiries at: email@example.com
- If you would like to bring a spouse or companion that doesn't hunt please contact us ! We can likely arrange other activities for them to enjoy. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Included: 7 nights lodging, 12 hours CME education, guiding, hunting Red Stag up to 350 SCI, ammunition and rifles (if needed) and all meals & drinks
Excluded: All Flights to New Zealand, airport taxes, travel insurance, global rescue insurance, cost of taxidermy or transferring trophy back to home country. Also, does not include additional days of travel, optional Bull Tahr Hunt, additional days, other animals, or upgrades.
1st - 8th June 2015
- Please feel free to ask for references from our past students.
CHECK BACK FOR NEXT YEARS COURSE SOON
- You can pay by PayPal below or you can send check or money order - please email to enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enjoy $100 Discount if you pay by money order or personal check
***Please note: Full payment due within 30 days of course or a $250 fee will be added to your final costs**
- Cancellation Policy: TOUR ONLY Your deposit for the travel portion of the course is nonrefundable if the course is not cancelled. If we do not reach the requirement of 4 participants and we have to cancel then a full refund will be given. The entire balance of your trip fee and CME fee will be due 30 days prior to departure. NO Deposits will be returned after payment. If you have not paid in full prior to 30 days before start of course a late fee of $250 will be applied to final cost.
- We have a minimum registration requirement of 4 participants and a maximum of 8. If the course is cancelled due to insufficient registration you will receive a full refund including deposit. Please contact us before purchasing plane tickets to confirm minimum number of registrants. The final trip cancellation date will be May 1st.
please enquire with any additional questions
We hope to meet you in June and share the ultimate hunting experience !