How to Become a Wild Med Adventure's Instructor . . .
- Honest, Kind and Hardworking
- Adventurous and Fun Attitude
- Always Keep Safety First
- Enjoy meeting new people & exploring new places
- Willingness to learn and stay up to date on assigned topics
If you enjoy travel, teaching, and meeting new people and think you have what it takes to join our team: Contact Us and provide the following information:
- Letter of Intent / Experience in outdoor pursuits & travel
- CV (Highlight all teaching and leadership positions)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
What to expect:
- Expect to hear back from us within 1-2 weeks after submitting the above information.
- Find a conference that fits your expertise and/or experience that you want to attend and help with. We may be able to apply small discount for those new instructors depending on trip and availability.
- You will be assigned one or two topics to present and also help with any hands-on workshops
- Our lead instructor will fill out an evaluation form for you and also observe how you interact with other clients and your overall attitude.
- After teaching on one or two of our conferences and satisfying our requirements, then you may become a Lead Instructor & plan your own trips.
- You will be expected to become a Fellow of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine (FAWM) and also become certified in Advanced Wilderness Life Support (AWLS).