Montana Fly-Fishing CME Adventure
Sept. 24th - Sept. 29th, 2017
Sept. 24 - Sept. 29th, 2017
Join our First-Class 5 night Montana Fly-Fishing CME course Sept. 2017 at Madison River Lodge near Bozeman, MT with Montana Angler. ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT!
This course is ideal for those interested in providing medical care / prevention to hunters and fishermen or those looking to learn more about possible injuries and accidents encountered while in austere environments. Our courses are also great for those travel enthusiasts, group leaders, climbers, walkers, EMT’s, nurses or doctors with a desire to learn more about remote medical treatment and preparation. We will complete the core curriculum of this CME certification course while fly-fishing in Montana and exploring the many rivers and creeks in beautiful Montana. Enjoy 3 days of fly-fishing with the highly regarded Montana Angler guides, 11.5 hours CME lectures / work-shops, excellent food and drinks including beer and wine while making new friends. In addition, earn credits towards your FAWM via the WMS society. This is a first class trip guaranteed.
FACULTY DISCLOSURE / CME
- It is the policy of the Wild Med Adventures, LLC to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor. All faculty members are required to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest related to the content of their presentations.
- Accordingly, the Wilderness Medical Society has determined there are no conflicts to report associated with this conference.
- ACCME Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Wilderness Medical Society and Wild Med Adventures, LLC. The Wilderness Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The Wilderness Medical Society designates this educational activity for a maximum of 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits TM. Each physician should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ATTENDING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn the latest practical hands-on wilderness medical skills for patient assessment, stabilization and evacuation.
- Practice your skills while enjoying the lodge at Double T Ranch and fly-fishing
- Work with our expert faculty and local Fly-Fishing guides to develop your knowledge and awareness regarding hunting & fishing injuries
- Obtain up to 11.5 hours of CME and Fellowship credits from the Wilderness Medicine Society towards your FAWM
- Our program focuses on treatment of the most common injuries and illnesses encountered while hunting & fishing and practical skills for assessment, splinting, wraps, carries and more
Approved for up to 11.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits and WMS FAWM Credits
12 FAWM Credits towards your Fellowship
- An opportunity to Fly Fish in beautiful Montana with respectable fly-fishing guides while gaining valuable medical knowledge
- Experience wilderness medicine in context doing what you love to do
- Enjoy a full service lodge with excellent food, drinks and hospitality with a rustic atmosphere
- Build friendships to last a lifetime
ITINERARY: (Speakers and times may change slightly based on availability and weather)
Day 1 – (Sept. 24th) Arrive at Lodge in time for Dinner and Introduction to Course
Day 2 – (Sept. 25th) Fly Fishing: Afternoon / Evening Lectures
Day 3 – (Sept. 26th) Fly Fishing: Afternoon / Evening Lectures
Day 4 – (Sept. 27th) Lectures, Skills Workshop, and free time to fish the Madison River behind our lodge
Day 5 – (Sept. 28th) Fly Fishing: Afternoon / Evening Lectures
Day 6 - (Sept. 29th) Breakfast and Final Goodbyes - continue your travel in Montana or back to airport
MAIN EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
- The goal of the Wilderness Medical Society Fishing and Hunting CME Conference is to provide participants with a unique environment to experience essential medically-related topics and learn skills while collaborating with Montana Angler through educational activities including lectures, hands on work-shops, training modules and fishing excursions.
- Development of this CME curriculum is formed by the following key objectives:
- Provide educational opportunities based on core curriculum of the Academy of Wilderness Medicine.
- Provide education of value to providers who care for the medical needs and also those involved with coordination of hunting & fishing related educational activities, including medical providers who must educate and instruct hunter safety with their patients.
- Provide education of interest to wilderness and austere-activity enthusiasts.
- After attending this conference, the participants will be able to:
- Establish a set of treatment priorities for care of the sick or injured in remote settings.
- Prevent, diagnose, and manage illnesses and injuries in austere environments.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge and skill in recognizing and treating the most common illnesses and injuries encountered in remote hunting environments, including hyperthermia, hypothermia, cold injuries, and wound management.
- Understand objective risk-assessment in wilderness environments from the perspective of the medical professional acting as a trip leader.
- Understand the pathophysiology and management of acute emergencies related to remote environments and potential high velocity ballistic injuries.
- Perform a pre-departure assessment of the participant’s pre-existing medical conditions and plan an appropriate medical kit & care.
THE TEAM / FACULTY:
- The fishing logistics and leadership will be provided by extremely experienced guides from Montana Angler, whose team members have a wealth of knowledge and experience.
- The Wild Med Adventures Team are all well traveled and experienced and promise to make your CME experience both educational and informative, but please note that we are only responsible for the educational aspect of this trip. For more information regarding our instructor's background - please see BIO's for instructor information.
- EMT, Paramedic, Nurse, PA, NP, RRT, PhD or Physician for the CME portion.
- If no CME needed, please feel free to attend and enjoy the lectures (we may be able to offer a discount on some courses)
- A keen interest in wilderness first aid & fishing
- A minimal level of physical fitness
- Montana Angler will help those with minimal experience and they provide all gear and education
WILDERNESS MEDICAL SOCIETY AND FELLOW OF THE ACADEMY OF WILDERNESS MEDICINE (FAWM)
- Get involved with the Wilderness Medicine Society and earn your fellowship (FAWM). Learn more by clicking below links.
- Delegates should have personal insurance to cover any in-country medical examinations, treatment or rescue/evacuation as well as some form of trip insurance to cover missed flights, weather delays and other potential trip delays. In addition, rescue / evacuation insurance is recommended but no required. However, Wild Med Adventures is not responsible for any costs that are incurred due to injury or illness requiring medical evacuation or hospitalization. We recommend Global Rescue for all of our trips.
- Intended as continuing education for physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, and medics who aspire to work or teach as a field instructor/provider in recreational hunting environments or who may work in remote clinics and deal with the injuries sustained by hunters.
- Graduates from other wilderness medicine programs (e.g. FAWM, MFAWM) who want to gain experience and skills in Fly-Fishing / Remote Medicine
- Individuals pursuing a Fellow of Wilderness Medicine degree (FAWM™)
ACCOMODATIONS: - "Madison River Lodge"
- Our Madison River Lodge package allows our guests to enjoy an all inclusive experience just steps away from the legendary Madison River. The location simply can't be beat as the lodge is situated on the center of the famous Upper Madison "50 mile riffle." The river bends around the property allowing plenty of opportunities for our guests to cast a line at their convenience. The lodge is surrounded by protected public BLM lands that adjoin the Wall Creek Wildlife Management area which is home to abundant wildlife. Each guest room has its own private bath and walk-out deck overlooking the river.
- Lodging is considered double occupancy. Each room has 2 double beds and it's own private Bath. If single occupancy in a deal-breaker contact us and we may be able to work something out for an extra fee if conference is not full.
PAST REVIEW ABOUT MONTANA ANGLER:
"I have been fly fishing in Montana for a number of years, always had fun, but always felt like something was missing. After fishing with numerous guides, we finally found Montana Angler, and what a difference experience and education make! They took us to places we had never seen before: Bear Trap Canyon float trips, Yankee Jim, the Boulder, Sitz Ranch, Willow Creek wade fishing and more. Every day we saw different water and had a different experience. I learned more about Montana fishing in our first trip with them than I had learned in all the previous years we had come out West. These guys are dedicated, they care, and they will put you on some monster trout. I have the pictures to prove it!"
Bo Kirkpatrick ~ Alabama
- Deposit: $1500
- Course + CME: $5000 (Deposit $1500 due at time of registration)
- SAVE $500 if you Sign-up Before March 1st & PAY in FULL. Also, 3% Online Payment Fee included at Check-out. To Save 3% send check or money order to Wild Med Adventures. See Below. USE CODE "EARLYREG" at Checkout.
INCLUDED: All equipment, CME, wader rentals / fishing gear, 3 days fishing, all meals, wine, beer & cocktails, **all gratuities** & the memories to share for a lifetime.
EXCLUDED: Airfare / transportation to location, airport shuttle / transportation to ranch, travel insurance (recommended), Montana Fishing License (approx. $40), & any personal gear you may want to bring. Transportation may be arranged from the airport for an extra fee or if flying in at the same time as others a shared rental car is possible.
or Save 3% and send Check or Money order to:
Wild Med Adventures, LLC
138 Kennedy Road
Belchertown, MA 01007
***Please note: Full payment due within 60 days of course or a $250 fee will be added to your final cost**
- Cancellation Policy: Your deposit for the travel portion of the course is nonrefundable. The entire balance of your trip fee and CME fee will be due 60 days prior to departure. If you have not paid in full prior to 60 days before the start of the course a late fee of $250 will be applied to final cost or we have the right to cancel your trip. There will be no refund after 60 days prior to course.
- We have a maximum number of 10 clients.
PLEASE INQUIRE WITH ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
We hope to meet you in Sept. and share the ultimate fishing CME experience !